These sweet-tart treats taste just like the beloved Girl Scout cookies, Savannah Smiles®.
Yield: 42 cookies
- 1 c. unsalted butter
- 1 c. confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter until creamy. Gradually add 1/2 cup (60 grams) of confectioners' sugar. Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Mix in the lemon juice, zest, and salt. With the mixer speed on low, add the flour in three additions, mixing until incorporated and scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Scoop the dough by the tablespoon and roll each dough portion into a ball. Gently flatten the dough balls with your fingers and shape into a half-moon. Place each cookie on the prepared baking sheets, at least one inch apart.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned at the edges. Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Dip the cooled cookies into the remaining 1/2 cup (60 grams) of confectioners' sugar.
More recipes like this
iced coffee caffeine starbucks panera bread company locations irritated tongue and throat allergy tongue sores coffee creamer pump pizza hut menu pasta buffalo wild wings cheap wing day how did pizza hut start oven baked chicken cutlet recipes skinny vanilla latte recipe starbucks bbq country style pork ribs oven