You won't even miss regular hashbrowns.
Serves: 12 cups
- 2 heads of cauliflower, steamed
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 dozen + 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Chives, chopped (optional)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- Drop the steamed cauliflower into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until they start to resemble a fine grain.
- Pour the ground cauliflower onto paper towels and twist to wring out excess liquid. Do this up to three times until the cauliflower comes out completely dry.
- Transfer dry cauliflower to a large mixing bowl. Add cheddar cheese, garlic powder, salt and two eggs and stir to combine.
- Distribute the mixture evenly throughout the muffin tins and use your fingers to press the mixture into the sides and bottom of each cup to form the nests.
- Bake the nests for 15-17 minutes until brown.
- Add a couple bits of bacon to the bottom of each cup and crack an egg on top, without breaking the yolk.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chives and pepper to taste.