Your favorite pasta dish goes forkless.
- 1 12 oz. package No Yolks Broad Noodles
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 2 c. milk
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- ½ c. freshly shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 c. melted butter
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Freshly chopped chives, for garnish
- Cook No Yolks Broad Noodles according to package directions, then drain.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Cook 2 minutes, then slowly add milk and whisk until smooth. Cook 2 minutes more, then add cheddar and mozzarella and stir until melted. Add cooked noodles and stir until completely coated. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mac & cheese to a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Let cool.
- Using an ice cream scoop, form noodles into balls and place on a second parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425°. In a medium bowl, mix panko, parmesan, and melted butter. Dredge macaroni balls in flour, then eggs, then bread crumbs. Return to prepared baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, then flip and bake until deeply golden, 15 minutes more.
- Garnish with chives and serve.