Why make jalapeño poppers when you can make an entire casserole? With bacon, to boot.
- 1 12 oz. package No Yolks Extra Broad Noodles
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 jalapeños, 1 minced and 1 thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 c. whole milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ c. panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Cook No Yolks Extra Broad Noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 425° and grease a 9”-x-13”baking dish. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, then drain on paper towels and drain off half the fat. To remaining bacon fat, add jalapeños and cook until tender and bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add flour and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Pour in milk and bring to a simmer, then add cream cheese and whisk until melted.
- Remove from heat and whisk in cheddar and Monterey Jack until melted and smooth. Stir in cooked noodles and bacon and season with salt and pepper, then transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine panko and olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over top of noodles.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, 15 to 18 minutes. (Broil until top is more deeply golden, if desired.)