- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 hot dogs, sliced into coins and halved
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 1/2 c. cooked white rice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 c. frozen peas
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions, carrots, and hot dogs and cook until onions become translucent, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add sesame oil to the pan and let heat 1 minute add the rice, and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Push rice to one side of the pan and add the eggs, scrambling them in the pan and incorporating them into the rice when they are fully cooked.
- Add the peas and the soy sauce and stir to combine.
- Top with scallions if desired and serve.