Everything you love about gyros made in one easy skillet recipe.
Main Postspizza buffet tucson starbucks soy chai starbucks caramel macchiato ingredients homemade beyonce costume venti starbucks coffee buffalo wild wings servers barbecue spare ribs recipes how to brew ginger beer alcoholic spinach artichoke stuffed peppers pizza hut dinner box menu chick fil a rochester mn cinderella cupcake ideas how much are buffalo wild wings on tuesdays
Serves: 4 Servings
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 c. long grain white rice
- 3 c. chicken broth
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 c. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 c. kalamata olives, halved
- 1/3 c. crumbled feta
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken with 2 cloves minced garlic and 1 tsp oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Sear chicken on all sides until golden, about 8 minutes, and remove from skillet. Add more oil to the skillet if needed and add onions and peppers, cooking until the onions become translucent, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook until tender, about 5 minutes more. Remove vegetables from skillet.
- Add one more tablespoon oil to the skillet and add remaining minced garlic clove, dried dill and paprika and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add in rice, chicken broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Place chicken back in with the rice, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally, or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir back in the cooked vegetables and garnish with chopped tomato, cucumber, olives, crumbled feta and fresh dill. Serve with lemon wedges.