True Chipotle fans don't care about forking over extra cash for guac or spending their entire "going out" budget on lunch there. But even the most dedicated Tex-Mex fans should know the shortcuts to saving cash and getting more burrito for their buck. Here are the best of the Chipotle ordering pro-tips on the internet:
1. Order a bowl, double everything, and get tortillas on the side.
Voila—you've instantly got two burritos for the price of one.
2. Don't ask for double anything until the first scoop is added.
3. Turn the kids' taco into DIY nachos.
4. Always get taco shells on the side.
More fillings, less soggy mess.
5. Two proteins are always better than one.
Asking for half and half gets you more than normal.
6. Give your burrito some TLC.
Sick of getting a bite of all rice? Ask your server to mix things up a little bit before rolling it.
7. Stretch your burrito bowl over two salads.
8. Score free guac one of two ways.
Either order a veggie burrito, bowl, or tacos—or go during busy hours and hope they forget.
9. Skip the insanely long line.
Your local Chipotle is likely always mobbed during lunch time. Order ahead and pass everyone to the register.
10. If you're strapped for cash, stick to the essentials.
Protein-rich beans and irresistible cheese—it's all you need.
11. Take advantage of gift card promotions.
Chipotle often offers a "buy a gift card, get a free burrito" deal. And you can always keep the gift card for future
dinners food babies.
12. Keep it super simple.
Burritos with fewer ingredients don't cost as much and their souped-up counterparts.
13. Double up your tacos.
Sides of cheese and flour tortillas are on the house, yo.
14. Skip the chips.
Ask for hard taco shells on the side—they're free!—and break them up into "chips."