An easy fall dessert to whip up for a crowd, these individual apple crisps are stuffed with oats, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 6 large baking apples, divided
- 2 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 6 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Caramel sauce, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400°. Peel and finely chop 1 apple. Slice off the tops of the remaining apples and, using a melon baller, hollow them out. Chop the scooped out apple.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Gently fold chopped apples into the oat mixture.
- Stuff apples with oat mixture and bake until apples are soft and bubbling, 35 minutes.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel. Serve warm.