You can now have your favorite bagel at the Thanksgiving dinner table.
For the stuffing
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 4 celery stalks, finely chopped
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 10 c. cubed everything bagels (about 6 large bagels), dried overnight
- 1/4 c. chopped chives, plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped sage
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 3 c. low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 4 tbsp. butter, cut into 1/2" pieces
For the everything bagel sprinkle
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 2 tsp. Toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly oil a 3-quart baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add onions and celery and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add vinegar and cook, scraping up any brown bits, until evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl, then add bagel pieces, chives, and sage and toss to combine.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, and 2 cups broth. Pour over bread mixture and toss until evenly moistened, adding more broth ¼ cup at a time until bagel pieces seem hydrated (you might not use it all).
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and dot top with butter. Cover dish with foil and bake until a knife inserted in the center of the stuffing comes out warm, 30 to 35 minutes. Increase heat to 425° and continue baking until top is deeply golden, 10 to 15 minutes more. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, heat vegetable oil. Add garlic and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to paper towels using a slotted spoon. Add shallot to oil and cook until golden, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to paper towels using a slotted spoon. Let garlic and shallot cool slightly, then add to a small bowl with poppy seeds and sesame seeds.
- Serve stuffing sprinkled with poppy seed mixture and garnish with chives.
Main Postssugar in caramel macchiato birthday golden corral panera express what does bww mean french food entrees sizzling pork recipe coworker gifts under sores on tongue and throat hurts chicken piccata with rice what causes sore bumps on the tongue pepperoni stuffed crust pizza hut rum and diet coke carbs bruschetta from julie and julia chick fil a greenfield wi oven fried tortellini