Main Postsmelon with spikes pizza hut pepperoni pizza golden corral tucson make msn.ca my homepage panera bread lunch time bdubs takeout ketosis diet and exercise grande caramel latte simple pork spare ribs recipe buffalo wild wings chicken source pizza hut family favourites menu starbucks venti iced caramel macchiato rum and diet coke carbs how long to cook a turkey in a turkey roaster
Rich, hearty stew is the perfect, comforting fall meal.
- 1 1/2 lb. beef chuck, cut into 2" pieces
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 bottle dry red wine
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
- 3 carrots, chopped into 1" pieces
- 3 celery stalks, chopped into 1" pieces
- 2 onions, chopped into quarters
- 1 c. chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large rosemary sprig
- 2 c. low-sodium beef broth
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh parsley
- In a large mixing bowl, pat beef dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle with oil and sear meat on all sides until golden brown with a crust, about 10 minutes. Transfer meat to the slow cooker. Add butter and scrape the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen all browned meat bits. Stir in red wine and tomato paste; simmer for 1 minute then transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker, then season with salt and cook on low until meat is tender, 6 to 8 hours. Remove stalk of rosemary.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Judy Kim is a NYC-based food stylist, recipe developer, and photographer. She also writes recipes for her website The Judy Lab.